The automobile we choose to drive is more than simple transportation — it conveys a unique message about who we are and what we value. A truck says something different than a sports car, just as a rugged SUV and a luxury sedan make completely distinct statements.
No matter what kind of vehicle you own, it pays to keep it clean and protected from Mother Nature’s ceaseless elements, especially if you’ve invested handsomely in it.
Your Dream Car Suits You
Should you find yourself in the wonderful position of being able to purchase the high-end automobile you’ve always dreamed of, you’ll want to spend the extra time, effort, and money to protect it. Here are a few simple car care tips to follow:
- Keep it clean – If you go to an automated car wash or other cleaning service, make sure all rags, brushes, and sponges are clean so leftover grit won’t damage your vehicle’s paint.
- Protect the paint – Waxing your car on a semi-regular basis puts strong protective layers over the paint that help maintain that new car look.
- Shelter it from the elements – A garage protects your vehicle from the weather and the sun’s harmful rays. If you can’t garage it, buy a quality car cover to use when parked.
- Avoid driving in winter conditions – Gritty winter roads are a clean car’s kryptonite.
- Park away from other vehicles – This will help you avoid door dings, scratches, scrapes, and other damage.
- Consider paint protection film – A clear vinyl that’s applied directly onto your car in high-risk areas like behind the wheels, on the bumpers and hood, helps shield against rocks, dirt, and grime.
- Invest in an extended warranty – The Ambassador Policy from Protect My Car will help insulate you from expensive repair costs and provide invaluable peace of mind.
Protecting Your Car Inside and Out
Don’t forget to keep the interior looking great too! Detailing shops usually offer an interior cleaning package that provides a thorough top-to-bottom clean. Regular vacuuming and minor interior detailing will help protect your car’s high-quality materials so your vehicle will look as good on the inside as it does on the outside.
Stay on Top of Maintenance and Recalls
With a new car, it’s tempting to think you won’t have to worry about repairs. However, it’s also vitally important to stay on top of regular engine and chassis maintenance, as well as any recall repairs.
- Regular oil changes – Your vehicle’s lifeblood needs to be fresh and clean, no matter how new it is.
- Brake inspection and repair – Keep yourself and your passengers safe with properly functioning brakes.
- Warranty required maintenance – Many warranties require service work done in a timely manner, so keep a sharp eye on this.
- Rotating and balancing tires – Not only will correctly-balanced tires ride better, they’ll also be safer.
- High-end automobile recalls – Expensive European luxury vehicles often have higher recall rates than other brands, so pay attention to recall notices.
- Recall lookup tool – Not sure if there’s an active recall out for your car? Use this helpful lookup tool from the NHTSA.
Even the Best Car Warranty Plans Expire
For those willing to purchase the best quality automobiles, there are equally exceptional aftermarket car warranty plans to choose from. While most luxury vehicles come with outstanding warranties right from the factory, they all eventually expire — that’s where Protect My Car’s premium Ambassador Policy comes in! With the Ambassador Policy, you’ll have access to benefits like 24/7 roadside assistance, free oil changes and tire rotations, rental car reimbursement, and savings of up to 50 percent on repairs. No matter what you drive, the Ambassador Policy has you covered.
Your Dream Car Deserves to Be Protected
Sliding behind the wheel of your dream car for the first time is a moment you’ll remember forever. It’s a significant investment, but it’s one worth making for a vehicle that you feel at home in and love to drive.
Care for your dream car properly with regular maintenance, cleaning, and an extended warranty from Protect My Car.