Decided that Protect My Car isn’t for you any more? No problem.
While we’d hate to see you go, the cancellation process is really simple. Here’s what you’ll need to know.
Are You Considering Canceling Because You’re Frusturated?
First things first: we’re not a cable company like Comcast or Frontier. We actually care about your business, and we genuinely want to make sure you’re receiving the highest quality service possible.
If you’re feeling frusturated or unhappy with the way we’re serving you, we’d like to make it right.
Some common frusturations (that we can help with):
- My monthly payment is too high! (We can help you make the price more affordable).
- My claim wasn’t paid! (Was your claim a “Covered Claim” as shown in your policy handbook?)
- I’m having an issue with the claims process.
- [insert company here] is offering me a better price (We can beat their lowest price).
- I’m not sure this is the right policy for me.
Our customer service team is specially trained to resolve any complaints you might have.
(P.S, they might give you a discount too if you call and ask, which in many cases is better than canceling).
Protect My Car’s Cancellation Policy
Our cancellation policy allows you to cancel your policy at any time, for any reason. All you need is your contract ID, and the mileage on your odometer.
Monday-Friday: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM (Eastern Standard Time)
Saturday: 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM (Eastern Standard Time)
All of our plans offer a free 30 day trial window. If you cancel your policy before 30 days have passed, you will be entitled to a full refund of your down payment, minus any claims that have been paid.
In other words, if you haven’t used any of our services, you’ll get all your money back!
If you wish to cancel after 30 days, you will receive a pro-rated refund for the total amount of coverage that you’ve paid for, but haven’t used. This will be explained in the refund section, along with examples.
We can also cancel your contract for the following:
- If you fail to make your payments on time.
- If you provide an inaccurate odometer statement when you sign up with us.
- If your car has a pre-existing condition that you’ve known about and didn’t disclose when you signed up with us. We do take pre-existing conditions, and we can help you save big on those repairs by negotiating with your mechanic.
- If you aren’t able to satisfy the duties of the contract. For example:
- If you knowingly drive the vehicle when it’s damaged, as opposed to bringing it to a mechanic.
- If you fail to obtain authorization from us for any non-emergency repair as defined in your contract handbook.
- You fail to service your vehicle according to the manufacturer’s specifications. You can find your manufacturer’s service schedule in the owner’s manual that came with your vehicle.
- You don’t have proof that maintenance was performed on schedule.
How To Cancel Your Policy
- Fill out the “Transfer or Cancellation Form“. You’ll need your contract ID, as well as the mileage on your car, so have those ready before you call.
- Call us. The number is 1-844-556-4762.
- Pay the $50 dollar administrative fee over the phone, or via a check made out to “Protect My Car”.
- Any unpaid balance
- Mail the “Transfer or Cancellation Form” and the check, if applicable, to the following address: Protect My Car, LLC 570 Carillon Parkway Suite 300 Saint Petersburg, FL 33716
- After we receive all your documents, we will cancel your policy and issue you a refund.
Protect My Car’s Refund Policy
If you cancel within the first 30 days of your policy, you will receive a full refund for your downpayment, minus any services received. Most customers receive a 100% refund.
If you cancel your policy after 30 days, your refund will be pro-rated. While that’s kind of a confusing term, it’s actually really simple.
We handle our pro-rated refunds the same way many other industry leaders including Ally Finance Bank and Ford Motor Credit handle theirs. You receive a refund equal to the number of unused days or miles you’ve paid for, whichever is less.
If you didn’t prepay, then you don’t have anything to worry about.
After we determine what you’re eligible to receive, we then subtract any claims paid, and an administrative processing fee of $50.
Extending Your Policy Before It Expires
On the other side of the aisle, if you want to extend your policy before it expires, you absolutely can do so.
Just call us 45 days before your policy is set to expire, and as long as it’s beneath the mileage cap for the policy type you have, we will be able to extend your policy.
You can call at: 1-844-556-4762